Increase access to arts education for all students in all the arts in
Davenport Community District artsBASICS Schools.
Planned Projects: 2015 - 2016
- Various Arts Divisions' Student Scholarships (Dance, Theatre, Music, Visual Arts)
- Participation in the National PTA Visual Arts Reflection Program
- Community Artists' Presentations/Demonstrations/Artist-in-Residence experiences for students
- Geneology/Cultural Arts Theatre Play Writing Skills Workshops for students
- Downtown Davenport Main Street Library Student Visual Arts Exhibit
- Arts Integration Professional Development for artsBASICS teachers
Read more about past accomplishments...
"An Evening with Area Artists"
A fundraiser for artsBASICS
Event Presented by
Second Annual Fundraiser's Successful Completion
"Thank you to all our 2nd Annual artsBASICS Fundraiser event supporters, donors and attendees!"
artsBASICS' McKinley School Arts & Culture Night 2015
Exploring the Arts
Dance, Music, and Visual Arts were represented by student displays or presentations involving cultures from which the students had learned. Grades from Kindergarten through fifth grade were represented.
University of Iowa to require engineers get ‘creative'
‘We are trying to graduate a broad engineer'
Vanessa MIller, The Gazette (Reprinted with permission - Original Article here)
MAY 25, 2015 | 7:00 PM
IOWA CITY - As creative director and product designer for Amazon Inc.’s Lab126 in Silicon Valley, Mike Bauerly daily is thankful he got two very different bachelor’s degrees from the University of Iowa, one in industrial engineering and one in studio art.